We are looking for high quality individuals that want to be a part of a growing team. Job Description:
We deliver bagged ice to Restaurants, Bars, Night Clubs, Schools, Construction, Events, Etc. Ice is heavy and when doing it throughout a shift, it can build muscle and make a person perspire, but rewarding at the same time. The ice bags are packaged on pallets, driver loads dolly with ice 400-800 lbs at a time and take into customer's storage area (ice machine or walk in freezer).You will be in and out of the truck throughout the day, so you must be able to work safely in the heat and in wet environments.
Our drivers interact with customers, potential customers and vendors throughout the day - a cheerful attitude and outgoing personality is a must.
The weather typically dictates our sales, so as Phoenix heats up so does your schedule and money making opportunities. Position is a Full Time driver, 40+ hours per week.
Schedule (subject to change): There are a couple schedule options, but mainly need 2 drivers for Friday to Tuesday. Weekends are nights (1-9pm) and weekday hours are morning (7am-2pm). Driver must be a little flexible to come in a little earlier or stay a little later on occasion.
Here are base requirements of the job:
1. Proof of eligibility to work in the United States (will E-Verify).
2. Driving Experience is a must.
3. Proof of 21+ years of age (required by vehicle leasing company).
4. Clean 39 month driving record (MVR).
5. No DUI.
6. Lift up to 50 lbs repetitively.
7. Experience with 24' box truck (non-CDL).
8. Reliable transportation to and from work (Warehouse in Henderson near Warm Springs/515).
9. Availability to work all nights and weekends as well as some mornings, details to come.
10. Basic math skills is a must. You will be tested Day 1.
11. Must be a team player. We try hard to create a team that promote each other and welcomes new people to the team.
12. Proficient in English and basic knowledge of Spanish is helpful.
13. We use an Android phone with applications, your skill with technology and smart phone is important.
These skills are required and must be able to improve in these areas:
1. Excellent customer service and communication skills
2. Be able to start your day on your own with a specific plan. If you need daily direction after the first couple weeks - this will be a major problem as our business model is relatively simple. Ask us if you need clarification.
3. Basic sales skills (you will not be required to close sales, you must be able to market our company on a daily basis as you see opportunities).
4. On busy days (summer time) you will be lifting 10,000 pounds of ice. 4 pallets+ of ice - please be confident in your abilities here, because it is hard work - but rewarding.
5. Professional appearance at all times. Uniform provided. No exceptions.
6. Must have a good sense of direction - know your way around Phoenix. You will be tested on this day 1.
7. Having awareness of what's around you at all times. There are ice opportunities all around us and one must be able see them when presented.
8. Abide by our safety standards.
9. Care of our equipment and our space, including neighbors.
10. Motivated by earning additional money per our compensation arrangement. This is absolutely a must. You will be asked what motivates you on Day 1.
11. Can follow detailed instructions (this will be tested through this hiring process, so follow the details).
Please call (602) 288-8357 or email firstname.lastname@example.org with your resume and we will set a time to meet.